Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Desi Hoppers

                                         

In class on Friday I mentioned that for this week’s blog I would be posting about another international dance group that competed on World of Dance. On season two of the dance competition a group called Desi Hoppers came all the way from Mumbai, India in attempt to win the title of best dancers in the world! What I loved about this group is that they blend Indian and Western cultures in their dance routine. I’m a huge fan of dance and it was amazing to see more groups from various countries come to compete on a show based in the United States because it demonstrates that no matter where you are from, dance is dance and there is so many cultures and traditions out there so why stick to only seeing certain dance genres on tv? 




Here’s a video below of the Desi Hoppers performing on World of Dance so I hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment